Roasted Pineapple Stacks with Maple Cream
Prep Time: '20 min' | Cook Time: '20 min'
1 whole pineapple, peeled and cored
Recipe developed by Adeena Sussman
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Slice pineapple into 12 equal-sized rings about 1/2-inch thick.
- Sprinkle 3/4 cup brown sugar evenly on a large (10 x 17-inch) rimmed baking dish.
- Thinly slice butter into pats and arrange evenly over sugar. Arrange pineapple discs on top of butter and sprinkle remaining 1/4 cup sugar on top of pineapple.
- Place pineapple in oven and roast until golden and tender, 20 minutes per side. Remove from oven and cool to room temperature, reserving liquid accumulated during roasting.
- Place cottage cheese in a stand mixer fitted the whisk attachment, Whip on high speed until fluffy, 1 minute. Add maple syrup and vanilla and whip to blend. Add heavy cream and whip until soft peaks form, 1-2 minutes.
- Arrange 1 slice of pineapple on each of 6 plates and top each with 1/3 cup cream. And 1 tablespoon crushed cookie. Top with an additional pineapple ring and 1/3 cup cream.
- Garnish with mint and additional cookies.