Butternut Squash Quesadilla
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, julienne cut
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or grated
- 15.5 oz canned black beans, rinsed
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1/16 tsp cinnamon (a pinch)
- 1/8 tsp paprika
- 1/8 tsp chipotle powder
- 1 cup Friendship Dairies Cottage Cheese
- 2T cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1 ½ lbs. butternut squash, roasted with salt and pepper
- 2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 8 whole wheat tortillas
- salt and pepper (to taste)
- Friendship Dairies Sour Cream
- Peel and cube squash and roast at 400°F for 15 minutes.
- In a large saute pan, sweat onions until tender, about 7 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and spices to onion and mix thoroughly. Add black beans and roasted butternut and mix well until heated through.
- Remove from heat and add cottage cheese and cilantro and gently fold to make the filling.
- Preheat a nonstick frying pan, coated with cooking spray or olive oil. Place a tortilla in the pan, top one half of it with 1/2 Cup of filling on half of the tortilla and sprinkle with a ¼ cup of cheese.
- Fold tortilla into a half moon and cook until golden brown on both sides. Slice into triangles and serve with sour cream, pickled onions, and pickled jalapenos.