Cottage Cheese Biscuits and Turkey Sausage with Sour Cream Gravy
- 3 C Pioneer Baking Mix
- 1 C Whole Wheat Flour
- 8 oz Cottage Cheese
- ¾ C Sprite
- ¼ C Butter, melted.
- 1 # Turkey Breakfast Sausage
- 3 ½ C 2% Milk
- 1/3 C Flour
- ½ C Sour Cream
- 1 Tbsp Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt to Taste
- Combine first five ingredients in a large bowl and mix well, until a dough forms.
- Turn out on a floured surface and pat or roll to ½ inch thick.
- Cut into 18 biscuits.
- Dunk each biscuit in the butter.
- Bake in a 420 degree oven for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
- In a large nonstick skillet sauté the turkey sausage until brown, crumbly and cooked through.
- Drain off all but 2 Tbsp of the fat.
- Add the Flour to the sausage and sauté for 1 minute.
- Add milk and bring to a simmer over medium high heat.
- Simmer for 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and serve with biscuits.