Recipe developed by Friendship Dairies®
Easy Mac ‘n’ Cheesy Recipe
- 2 cups Friendship Dairies® cottage cheese (any variety)
- 1 cup Friendship Dairies® sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Bechamel sauce (recipe below)
- ¾ tsp. salt
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 7 oz. macaroni, cooked and drained
- Paprika (optional)
- Bechamel sauce
- 2 - 3 tbsp. butter (at room temperature)
- 1 tbsp. flour
- ½ cup milk
- Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, egg, salt, garlic salt and pepper. Add cheddar cheese and Bechamel sauce; mix well.
- Add macaroni and stir until coated. Transfer to greased 2-2 1/2 qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika if desired.
- Bake uncovered, at 350°F for 25-30 min. or until heated through.
- Whisk flour and milk in a bowl.
- Mix in the butter until smooth.