- 10 min
- 1 hour
- 3 large eggplants, sliced ¼-inch thick, lengthwise
- 1 cup Friendship Dairies® Farmer Cheese
- 1 cup grated Stella® Parmesan Cheese
- 4 oz. Montchevre® Goat Cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 Tbsp. chopped basil
- 1 extra large egg, beaten
- 24 oz. marinara
- 1 cup Frigo® Shredded Mozzarella
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Grease a 9x13-inch baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Salt both sides of eggplant slices then place on several layers of paper towels. Let sit for 15 minutes until water puddles on the surface. Pat each slice dry, then transfer to a lightly greased sheet pan and place into the oven. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- In a bowl combine farmer cheese, parmesan, goat cheese, garlic, basil and the egg. Mix well and season with salt and pepper.
- Evenly distribute ½ cup of marinara on the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread 2 – 3 Tbsp. of filling on each slice of eggplant, then roll up the slices and place into the baking dish.
- Pour remaining marinara over the roll-ups and sprinkle with mozzarella.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes until hot and bubbly. Remove from the oven and garnish with remaining basil and extra sauce. Let cool slightly before serving.