Recipe developed by Friendship Dairies®
Farm Fresh Tiropita (Cheese Pie) Recipe
- 3 pkg. 7.5 oz. Friendship Dairies® farmer cheese
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 1 tsp. salt
- 8 oz. feta cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan or Kefalotiri cheese
- 4 eggs
- Chopped parsley to taste
- ¾ lb. phyllo sheets
- ¾ cup melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over low heat.
- Mash feta cheese with fork and combine with the Friendship Dairies® farmer cheese, grated cheese, well-beaten eggs and parsley.
- Butter a 9x13 in. baking pan. Line with half the phyllo sheets, brushing each sheet with butter, letting phyllo sheets come up the sides of the pan.
- Pour in cheese filling and cover with remaining phyllo sheets brushing each with butter.
- With a sharp knife, score the top sheets into 3-inch squares.
- Bake until golden, about 45 minutes.