Protein-Packed Mixed Veggie Waffle Latkes
- 2 small Zucchini, grated
- 1 small Sweet Potato, grated and covered in water
- 1 pkg Refrigerated Shredded Hash Browns
- 1 Onion, diced small
- ½ C Cottage Cheese
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 4 T Cornstarch
- 2 T Butter, melted plus more for the waffle iron
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Optional: Sour Cream plus one of the following:
- Apple Sauce, Roasted and Diced Beets, Pomegranate Seeds and Dill, Smoked Salmon, Capers and diced Red Onion
- Pre-heat the waffle iron.
- Place grated zucchini in a strainer over a bowl and toss with ½ t of fine kosher salt. Let zucchini sit.
- Spray a pan with non-stick cooking spray and saute the onion until translucent. Transfer to a large bowl and let cool.
- Drain the sweet potatoes and dry well with a kitchen towel. Add to the bowl with the onions.
- Squeeze excess water from zucchini and add to the sweet potatoes and onions along with the shredded hash browns. Toss the veggies with cornstarch.
- In a separate bowl mix the cottage cheese, egg and melted butter until fully combined. Season with salt and pepper. Pour mixture onto the veggies and mix well.
- Scoop 1 heaping tablespoon onto each quarter of the waffle iron to make bite size latkes. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden and crispy. Serve with optional garnishes.