Protein-Packed Pancake Breakfast Tacos
IngredientsFor the pancakes:
- 2 cups Pioneer Baking Mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup Friendship Dairies® cottage cheese
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 5 Tbsp butter, for the skillet
- 8 large eggs
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp milk
- ¼ cup Friendship Dairies® sour cream
- 6 pieces of your favorite breakfast meat (bacon, ham, sausage, etc.)
- Scallions and cotija cheese
- Preheat your oven to 210 degrees.
- Cook your favorite breakfast meat and keep warm in the oven as you finish the rest of the breakfast.
- Combine the pancake ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add 2 Tbsp butter to a skillet and cook pancakes for 2 minutes per side (flip once the surface of the batter is covered in bubbles), adding additional butter for each new batch. Keep warm in the oven as you finish off the batter.
- Whisk together the eggs and milk until the eggs are frothy. Melt the butter in a medium non-stick skillet over medium heat and gently scramble using a spatula until you have large, soft curds. Fold in the sour cream and season with salt and pepper.
- Assemble tacos by placing a scoop of eggs on each pancake and top with your breakfast meat. Garnish with cotija, scallions, and a drizzle of maple syrup, if desired.