Roasted Strawberry Smoothie Recipe
- 5 min
- 35 min
- 1 cup Friendship Dairies® cottage cheese
- 16 oz. whole strawberries
- 2 tbsp. sugar
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 large banana
- 1 cup ice
- Whipped Cream (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Clean and hull the strawberries. Place them in a small oven-safe dish, toss with the sugar, and roast for 30 minutes or until done, tossing once during cooking time. If your strawberries are large, halve them.
- Allow the berries to cool.
- To make the smoothie, combine the roasted berries, their juice, cottage cheese, honey, vanilla, water, banana, and ice in your blender; blend until smooth.
- Taste, adjust for sweetness preference as well as thickness.