Recipe developed by Friendship Dairies®
Ukrainian Cheese Blintzes Recipe
- 10 min
- 22 min
- 2 packages Friendship Dairies® farmer cheese
- 4 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. coarse salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- Dash of white vinegar
- 1 cup raisins
- 2 tbsp. canola oil
- Confectioners sugar (optional)
- In a large bowl, mix together cheese, eggs, 3/4 cup flour, sugar, and salt. Place baking soda in a small bowl and add vinegar; mixture will fizz. Add baking soda mixture to bowl with cheese mixture. Using a hand-held electric mixer, mix until firm and solid. Stir in raisins.
- Place remaining 1/2 cup flour in a small, shallow dish. Working in batches (about four at a time), scoop out cheese mixture using a tablespoon, and, using floured hands, form into a 2 1/4-inch ball. Roll ball in flour mixture and pat using your hands to form a patty shape and remove excess flour.
- Heat canola oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat; add patties and cook until golden brown, turning once, about 6 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and dust with confectioners' sugar, if desired. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- Try topping with Friendship Dairies® sour cream, strawberry jam and powdered sugar.