- 1 pint of assorted baby heirloom tomatoes, cut into rounds
- ½ English Cucumber, 1/8 inch diced
- 2 tbsp. red onion, minced
- ½ cup cannellini beans, canned, rinsed, and drained
- 4 olives, whole and pitted, sliced into rounds
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tsp. fresh basil, chopped plus more for garnish
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup Friendship Dairies® cottage cheese, 4%
- 2 tbsp. pesto
- 8 baguette slices, sliced diagonal into 1-inch thick pieces, brushed with olive oil and grilled or baked until toasted
- Salt and pepper
- In a medium sized bowl, combine all the ingredients for the bruschetta. Season with salt and pepper. Let the salad marinate for about 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine pesto and cottage cheese and set aside.
- To assemble, spread cottage cheese mixture onto the toast, top with a spoonful of the tomato salad using a slotted spoon, and garnish with freshly torn basil.