Hearty Kale Frittata
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 12 eggs
- 3/4 cup Friendship Dairies® Sour Cream
- 1 cup shredded cheddar
- ½ cup Frigo® Feta Cheese grated or crumbled cheese
- ½ lb thick cut bacon, diced small
- ½ yellow onion, diced small
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced small
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and roughly chopped
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Whisk the sour cream and eggs together just enough for the yolks and whites to blend. Then, whisk in half the shredded cheddar and half the feta. Set the mixture aside.
- Preheat a 12-inch oven-safe sauté pan with the olive oil over medium heat. Once shimmering, add diced bacon and cook until crispy and rendered. Remove bacon from the pan, draining off all but 2 Tbsp. of the fat.
- Add the kale, onion, red pepper and garlic to the pan, sautéing for 4 minutes. Add ¼ cup of water then cover for about 3 minutes, or until the kale is wilted and the veggies are tender. Remove the cover and continue to cook until all the liquid has evaporated.
- Turn heat to medium low, allowing the contents to cool a moment.
- Add the egg mixture to the pan, stirring with a spatula to combine and distribute the sautéed ingredients. Sprinkle the bacon and remaining cheese over as it cooks.
- Once the outside edges lighten in color, carefully transfer the frittata to the oven and bake until the eggs are puffed up, about 7 – 14 minutes. The eggs will appear cooked and the center will jiggle a bit when shaken.
- Remove frittata from pan, then slice and serve.