Orange Cranberry Gingersnap Trifle Recipe
- 15 min
- 35 min
- 2 cups 4% Friendship Dairies® cottage cheese
- 1 bag (12oz) fresh cranberries
- 1¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup orange juice (no pulp)
- 1½ cup heavy cream
- 2 tbsp. orange zest
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ lb. pound cake, cut in 1” pieces
- 10 gingersnap cookies, roughly chopped
- In a large saucepan, combine cranberries, sugar and orange juice and cook over medium heat. Stir occasionally and bring to a light boil. Reduce heat and simmer until the berries break apart, about 20 minutes, and sauce thickens.
- In a food processor, combine the heavy cream, cottage cheese, orange zest, honey and vanilla extract until stiff.
- Divide the pound cake pieces into three portions. Place about ½ on the bottom of a trifle bowl. Then spoon ½ of the cottage cheese mixture over the pound cake. Sprinkle about 4 gingersnap cookie pieces on top of the cottage cheese mixture. Spoon about ½ of the cooled cranberry filling over the gingersnap cookies. Repeat this process two more times, leaving a small handful of pound cake and cottage cheese mixture for the top layer.
- Top trifle with gingersnap cookie pieces and orange zest for garnish.