Pear Almond Puff Pastry Tarts Recipe
- 10 min
- 25 min
- 2 cups 4% Friendship Dairies® cottage cheese
- 3 sheets puff pastry, thawed
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 2 tbsp. honey, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1-2 medium pears
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- Sliced almonds for garnish
- Heat the oven to 400°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cut the pastry into 18 (4”x3”) rectangles and arrange on the baking sheets. Score a ½-inch border around each of the rectangles.
- In a food processor, blend the cottage cheese, almonds, honey and cinnamon and blend until smooth. Spoon one hefty tablespoon of the cottage cheese filling into each tart, spreading inside the borders.
- Brush the outside border of the tarts with the beaten egg. Peel the pears and slice into long, thin pieces. Top the tarts with the sliced pears, about 3 slices per tart. Garnish with a few sliced almonds.
- Bake for 15 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through cooking, until puffed and golden brown. Drizzle with honey and serve hot.