Pumpkin Cheesecake Jars
- 3 cups gingersnaps, ground into crumbs
- 3 tbsp. brown sugar
- 6 tbsp. unsalted butter, melted
- Nonstick spray for the jars
- 2 (8-ounce) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1½ cups pumpkin purée
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- ¼ tsp. ground cloves
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup Friendship Dairies® sour cream
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 325ºF. Grease the bottoms and sides of 16 4 oz. jars or 8 8 oz. jars.
- Make the crust: In a medium-size bowl, mix together the gingersnap crumbs, brown sugar and melted butter until all of the crumbs are coated. Divide the crumb mixture evenly among the jars and press down into the bottoms of the jars to form the crusts. Set aside.
- Make the cheesecake: In a large bowl or in a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese until smooth. Beat in the pumpkin purée. Add in the sugar and spices, and beat for 1 minute until incorporated. Scrape down the sides of the bowl and add the eggs one at a time, beating to incorporate after each addition. Mix in the sour cream and vanilla. Spoon or pour the cheesecake filling over the crusts in the jars to ½ inch from the top.
- Arrange the jars 2 inches apart in high-sided baking pans lined with a kitchen towel. Place the pans with the jars in the oven and carefully add hot water to the pans to come halfway up the sides of the jars.
- Bake cheesecakes for 25 to 30 minutes, or just until centers are almost set. Turn off the oven and allow the cheesecakes to rest in the oven for 20 minutes. When the cheesecake and water have cooled slightly, remove from the oven and remove the cheesecake jars from pans. Allow to cool completely, then cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.