Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 6 sweet potatoes
- 6 tbsp. butter
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 tsp.cinnamon
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/2 cup marshmallows
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup Friendship Dairies® cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp. Grand Marnier (optional)
- 1 tsp. orange zest
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Scrub the sweet potatoes under cold water and dry. Using a fork, prick sweet potatoes 3-4 times on each side. Place on a sheet pan and bake until tender, 45-60 minutes.
- While the potatoes bake, combine the butter, sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Mix ingredients until they crumble. Add in nuts and marshmallows.
- Remove the potatoes from the oven when done and allow them to sit for 10 minutes until cool enough to handle.
- Cut a slit in the potato lengthwise and scoop the flesh into a mixing bowl, leaving the walls of the potatoes thick enough so that they don’t flop.
- Stir the cottage cheese, salt, honey, Grand Marnier (if using), zest, and vanilla into the potatoes.
- Fill the potato jackets with the filling and top with the streusel.
- Place potatoes into the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until the topping is lightly browned.