Chicken Parm Pasta Bake Recipe
- 2 cups 1% Friendship Dairies® cottage cheese
- 1 jar (24 oz.) marinara sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb. rigatoni pasta, cooked half way
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 3 chicken breasts, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1½ cups breadcrumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese, part skim
- Fresh basil leaves (garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Grease a 9”x13” baking dish with cooking spray or vegetable oil.
- In a large saucepan, heat the marinara, salt, pepper and minced garlic over medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Turn off the heat, add the cooked pasta and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs for the wash. Add diced chicken to egg wash and toss to coat evenly. In a separate bowl, combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Toss chicken with the breadcrumb mixture and coat evenly. Set aside.
- In a food processor, blend the cottage cheese, salt and olive oil and set aside.
- In the greased dish, layer half of the pasta and marinara mixture, then half of the chicken, and then drop half of the cottage cheese mixture in large dollops on top of the chicken. Sprinkle chicken with 1 cup of the mozzarella cheese. Repeat this layering twice, with the mozzarella cheese as the top layer.
- Cover the dish with aluminum foil tightly and bake for 25 minutes. Uncover and bake for 10 more minutes. Place under the broiler, leaving the door open just slightly, for 1-2 minutes until cheese is golden brown. Enjoy!