Farmer’s Harvest Grains & Greens Bowl
- 2 bunches of Lacinato kale, torn into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup quinoa, cooked and chilled
- 8 cups strawberries, rinsed, hulled and sliced
- ½ cup dried blueberries
- 1 diced avocado
- ¼ cup sliced almonds
- 4 oz. Friendship Dairies® Farmer Cheese
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup maple syrup or honey
- ¼ cup dijon mustard
- 1 tsp. minced shallot
- Salt to taste
- In a medium-sized bowl whisk the mustard, syrup, vinegar and shallot together. Add oil gradually and whisk until the dressing becomes creamy. Season to taste with salt then set aside.
- In a large bowl, layer the kale as your base. Add quinoa and arrange berries, avocado and almonds on top.
- Finish by crumbling farmer cheese over the salad then drizzle with dressing. Serve immediately.