Mac & Cheese
IngredientsMac & Cheese:
- 1 lb. pasta, elbow
- 2 cups Friendship Dairies® cottage cheese
- 1 cup Friendship Dairies® sour cream
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- Garlic salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 7 oz. macaroni, cooked and drained
- Paprika (optional)
- 2-3 tbsp. butter (at room temperature)
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cook pasta according to directions on box.
- Whisk flour and milk in a bowl. Mix in the butter until smooth.
- Combine cottage cheese, sour cream, egg, salt, garlic salt, and pepper. Add cheddar cheese and Bechamel sauce. Mix well.
- Add macaroni and stir.
- Transfer to greased 2 - 2 1/2 qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake uncovered, at 350°F, for 25-30 min. or until heated through.