Skip to Content
For the cake:
For the topping:
- 1 1⁄2 cups of all purpose flour
- 1 pkg. lemon instant pudding
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 lemon, zested
- 3 eggs, jumbo
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsp. lemon extract
- 1/2 cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1/2 cup veg oil
- 3/4 cup Friendship Dairies® sour cream
- 1 cup Friendship Dairies® sour cream
- 3 tbsp. honey
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- Bring all ingredients to room temperature.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease an 8 1⁄2 x 4 1⁄2 loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray
- Sift the first 5 ingredients into a mixing bowl and set aside.
- In another bowl mix sugar, butter, and lemon zest until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time until well combined.
- Combine lemon juice and sour cream, stirring until loosened. Add mixture to eggs.
- Add oil, vanilla, and lemon extract.
- Add 1/3 of the flour mixture to the wet ingredients and stir until combined. Repeat until all flour is used.
- Pour batter into pan and bake for 50–60 min. Cool cake for 10 minutes. Once cool enough to handle, remove it from pan and place on a wire rack to cool completely before adding the sour cream topping.
- Combine ingredients for topping and mix until smooth.
- Spoon over cooled cake and serve.