Recipe developed by Friendship Dairies®
D’Liteful White Pizza Recipe
- ¾ cup Friendship Dairies® 1% Lowfat cottage cheese
- 1 ready-made pizza dough (preferably whole wheat)
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 5 oz. part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 2 tbsp. fresh grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp. chopped fresh parsley
- ¼ tsp. oregano
- 1 medium, thinly sliced tomato (remove extra moisture with paper towel)
- Fresh basil leaves
- Preheat oven 400°F.
- Lightly coat fingertips with olive oil and press and stretch dough evenly on pizza pan/stone until 10-12 inch round in diameter.
- In saucepan, heat olive oil, add garlic and cook until golden.
- Brush garlic oil mixture over dough. Sprinkle oiled surface of dough with half of mozzarella cheese. Bake 10 min.
- Combine Parmesan, parsley and oregano.
- Remove pizza from oven and drop Friendship Dairies® 1% Lowfat cottage cheese by 8 rounded piles in circular pattern onto pizza.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan mixture. Top with tomato slices. Sprinkle remaining mozzarella cheese over top. Bake 10 minutes longer.
- Add fresh basil leaves last to avoid burning. Cook for 5 more minutes and serve.
Note: For variety, add toppings such as fresh baby spinach or red pepper flakes.