Fall Favorite Pizza
- 1 cup 4% Friendship Dairies® cottage cheese
- 2 lb. cleaned butternut squash, diced
- 2 tsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp. roasted garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. sage, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 oz. pancetta
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, sliced, with rough stems removed
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 12-inch pizza crust, homemade or store-bought
DirectionsFall Favorite Pizza:
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
- Prepare butternut squash and cottage cheese puree (see recipe below). Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan.
- Add pancetta and onion and cook until onion is translucent and pancetta starts to crisp – about 5-7 minutes.
- Add broccolini and sauté an additional 3 minutes, until tender. Remove from heat.
- Spread butternut squash and cottage cheese puree on the pizza crust, top with the pancetta and broccolini mixture, sprinkle with mozzarella and Parmesan and bake for 8 minutes, or until cheese is melted and crust is crispy.
- Toss butternut squash with olive oil and roast squash on baking sheet in 400 degree oven for 25 minutes or until tender.
- In a large blender add cottage cheese, squash, garlic and sage.
- Blend until creamy and smooth.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.